Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This is the Truth Video

Hello! Several of you asked about the video clip shown in this weekend's message.

It is a powerful reminder to me of how different our world can be when we learn to think differently. Sometimes as countries, groups, or individuals, we get used to hearing the same words about ourselves over and over until we believe them to be true. Too often, these "truths" are only negative language that we have learned to accept as reality. The exciting TRUTH is that God has great plans for each and every one of us. As we are reminded in Romans 12:2, 'let God transform you by changing the way you think!' One of the greatest keys to knowing and following God is learning to think and see life as He does. Is it time to turn your thinking upside-down?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFz5jbUfJbk

This is the truth:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13, 14

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:25, 26

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:1-5

This is the truth! May you experience God's blessing as you journey on.

Nick

1 comment:

Dean B. said...

What an amazing video. I came across your name at Bethel Seminary B-Link site as a winner of some preaching award. I am listening to it now. Then I saw you had a blog and thought I would check it out. I am going to post on it at my blog as well. God Bless brother!

Dean
www.anchorchildrensministry.blogspot.com